Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Terrible 2's

Noah has been a pretty good kid up until recently. We are starting the terrible 2's a little late (he will be three July 9th). We have the foot stomp, yelling at the top of our lungs, hitting, and spitting happening. Not a fun time. He listens to Matt pretty well, but won't listen to me that good. I have tried spanking with pants on, time outs, spanking with pants off, and finally tried to ignore him completely. He doesn't like being in trouble, but boy, can he throw some big fits! 
Walking away from him and telling him I don't want to talk to him until he calms down has been working for me. He doesn't like it when I am mad at him and ignore him! 
Today at WalMart, he was that kid everyone stares at and thinks "If that was my kid..." because he was screaming and hitting me. It was so embarrassing! As soon as we were in the car, he apologized. Then proceeded to tell me that I was going to jail because I was a bad guy and that he was mad at me! I told him that I didn't care because I was mad at him! I have never been embarrassed like that and hope I won't have to go through it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment